The board of the club voted unanimously on 19th November 2019 that a status of Life Membership will be created. This membership is of the club, not Rotary International. The award exists to recognise the valuable contribution of individuals to the current and future existence of the Club.
The nominated person must:
• Be a current Club member
• Have served in Rotary for at least 35 years
• Have demonstrated significant, sustained and high quality service and dedication enhancing the values of Rotary International and the Club
• Award of Life Membership at the Annual General Meeting
• Exemption from all Club fees
• Can be made by two current and financial members of the Club of at least 3 years duration. The nominations must be in writing and should state reasons for consideration of Life Membership status
• Must be presented to the board at least six weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting of the Club PROCESS/POLICY
• All nominations are to be treated in the strictest of confidence
• Nominations will be considered and voted on by the board at a normal board meeting prior to the Annual General Meeting of the Club
• A majority vote of the board is required before Life Membership can be awarded and is to be recorded in the board minutes. Postal votes of board members not present at the meeting will be accepted
• Life Membership will be awarded at the Annual General Meeting of the Club
• Retraction of Life Membership may occur where the recipient has conducted himself/herself in a manner that reflects directly and adversely on the image or activities of the Club. This provision will only be exercised in exceptional circumstances and will require the unanimous vote of the board. As part of the deliberations, the Life Member in question is also given the opportunity to present their case for retention of their Life Membership status.